From introductory courses for new employees to advanced training for conservation advisors, the Conservation Professional Training Program, or CPTP, provides the trainings you need at every level.
Upcoming Conservation Professional Training Program Trainings
Due to COVID-19, we are working on alternative plans for the trainings listed below. Please check-back soon for more information.
- Manure spill response demonstrations
- Precision technologies in nutrient and manure management
- Introduction to soil health
Available Online Trainings
The Conservation Professional Training Program has worked with USDA’s Natural Resource Conservation Service to create a series of online courses hosted through AgLearn. The courses our team has developed are listed below:
- A Tool for Wetland Screening – FSA-HQ-DAFP-858
- Basics of Plant Identification for Conservation Planners – NRCS-NEDC-000450
- Delivering Effective Blended Training to Conservationists – NRCS-NHQ-000055
- Ecological Site Descriptions – NRCS-NEDC-000428
- Environmental Evaluation Worksheet – NRCS-NHQ-000048
- Fundamentals of Highly Erodible Land Conservation (HELC) and Wetland Conservation Provisions – NRCS-NEDC-000409
- Rangeland Health Assessment – NRCS-NEDC-000410
- Using Basic Soil Survey Information in Conservation Planning – NRCS-NEDC-000416
- Using WIN-PST for Conservation Planning – NRCS-NEDC-000429
- Wildlife Habitat Evaluation for Conservation Planning – NRCS-NEDC-000426
Federal employees should automatically have an AgLearn account. Non-federal employees will need additional assistance to access AgLearn courses. For assistance, please contact your local the AgLearn point of contact staff.