Looking to stay up to date on your CEUs? Have producers asking conservation-specific questions you don’t feel confident answering? Looking to host a training and want to avoid conflicts for your audience? You have come to the right place.
Explore our Conservation Calendar for information on conservation-related events and trainings hosted across Wisconsin and beyond.
- This event has passed.
Soil Health Dos and Don’ts
June 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join us for this webinar during which soil health techniques such as cover crops, crop rotations, pest management, nutrient management, cash crop establishment, and water management will be discussed.
Participants will be instructed on several soil health topics. These include:
• Cover Crop selection, seeding, termination and benefits
• Benefits to soil health by using crop rotations and crop rotations to avoid.
• Pest Management techniques including scouting and monitoring of pests, beneficial insects, pesticide carry-over and breaking the cycle of non-essential pesticide use.
• The 4-Rs in soil health system concerning nutrient management techniques.
• Cash crop establishment techniques in cover crop systems. Discuss benefits of planting green or planting after chemical termination.
• Benefits of soil health systems on water management. Specifically reductions in irrigation amounts and management techniques.
Have a training you don’t see listed? Reach out to us and let us know.