Looking to stay up to date on your CEUs? Have producers asking conservation-specific questions you don’t feel confident answering? Looking to host a training and want to avoid conflicts for your audience? You have come to the right place.
Explore our Conservation Calendar for information on conservation-related events and trainings hosted across Wisconsin and beyond.
- This event has passed.
Compliance Matters: NEPA and “Environmental Evaluation” at NRCS
February 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Participants will receive an introduction to NEPA and its relationship to the NRCS Environmental Evaluation (EE). You will learn how the NRCS environmental compliance system operates with the following objectives in mind:
• Understand the legal foundations for environmental compliance with a focus on NEPA, the “human environment,” and demonstrating a “hard look” at the impacts of NRCS actions.
• Recognize other key environmental laws and understand why they are important.
• Recognize the regulatory, policy, and guidance resources for environmental compliance at NRCS.
• Understand how the EE/CPA-52 provides the mechanism for documenting NRCS environmental compliance with the laws above.
• Recognize how the process of documenting our actions in an EE/CPA-52 saves us time and prevents environmental and legal issues.
• Know the history of the term “Environmental Evaluation” and where it comes from in NRCS regulations
• Learn how the EE provides local analysis of the impacts of our actions, identifies and explains the use of an appropriate CE, or documents the use of the appropriate programmatic NEPA document.
• Understand the critical support documents for our CEs and our programmatic NEPA: Conservation Practice Standards, Network Effects Diagrams (NEDs), Conservation Practice Physical Effects.
• Know where to find environmental compliance resources and who to call for help.
Have a training you don’t see listed? Reach out to us and let us know.