Looking to stay up to date on your CEUs? Have producers asking conservation-specific questions you don’t feel confident answering? Looking to host a training and want to avoid conflicts for your audience? You have come to the right place.
Explore our Conservation Calendar for information on conservation-related events and trainings hosted across Wisconsin and beyond.
- This event has passed.
Co-Existing and Making Farms Safe for Birds
May 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Role of Birds on the Farm Course: Lesson 6 – Co-Existing and Making Farms Safe for Birds
Upon successfully completing this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Explain livestock situations that are bigger or smaller risks of being sources of pathogens for birds, which could then be deposited on food.
- Give reasons why birds are likely to be a lower food safety risk when farms are in areas with abundant natural habitat.
- Evaluate farm situations (telephone wires, etc.) where birds are more likely to cause contamination.
- Share reasons why habitats like hedgerows do not have a greater risk of food borne. pathogens than the crop itself.
- Appraise circumstances in which farms may cause harm to birds (pesticides and predators).
Have a training you don’t see listed? Reach out to us and let us know.