Looking to stay up to date on your CEUs? Have producers asking conservation-specific questions you don’t feel confident answering? Looking to host a training and want to avoid conflicts for your audience? You have come to the right place.
Explore our Conservation Calendar for information on conservation-related events and trainings hosted across Wisconsin and beyond.
- This event has passed.
2021 Drainage Tools Workshop
August 24, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
What does this workshop cover?
- Drainage Design as a Nutrient Reduction Strategy: Learn how drain spacing and depth affects water quality and crop yield.
- Drain Spacing Tool: Learn the basics of using the tool to estimate the optimum drain spacing that maximizes economic return on investment.
- Controlled Drainage Suitability Tool: Learn to identify land in the Midwest USA with a high chance of being suitable for controlled drainage.
- Subirrigation Suitability Tool: Learn to identify land in the Midwest USA with a high chance of being suitable for subirrigation.
- Drainage Water Recycling: Learn about the features, site suitability, crop yield benefit, profitability, and water-quality benefit of drainage water recycling.
- EDWRD Tool (Evaluating Drainage Water Recycling Decisions): Learn the basics of using the tool to size a pond for drainage water recycling.
- Shallow Drains Tool: Learn to use the tool to make an informed decision about drain depth. The tool estimates the nitrate load reduction of shallow drains compared to deep drains.
- Reducing Phosphorus Loss with P-filters: Learn about the features, site selection, maintenance, installation, and water-quality benefit of P-filters.
- P-TRAP Phosphorus Transport Reduction App: Learn the basics of using the P-TRAP app to design a P-filter for reducing phosphorus loss in drainage discharge.
- Drain Sedimentation Tool: Learn to use the tool to identify soil at risk of drain sedimentation (sediment clogging the drain).
- Nutrient Loss Calculator: Learn to use the tool to get an idea of nutrient loss from your tile, so you can improve profitability and downstream water quality. Listen to real-world examples of how producers are modifying their farming practices based on the tool’s results.
Register here: https://www.egr.msu.edu/bae/water/drainage/news/2021-drainage-tools-workshop
Have a training you don’t see listed? Reach out to us and let us know.