On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 we organized a webinar to better understand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Wisconsin farms.
The webinar looked to answer questions such as:
- How has the pandemic impacted farmers in your county?
- What’s happening in the supply chain (short and long term) that will impact them?
- Why is milk being dumped?
- Why are auction houses and packing plants (Wisconsin and nationwide) shutting down and what is the current update/projection on facilities?
- What are the farmer’s options?
- Will this change how their mortalities are handled?
- What resources are available to me as a conservation agency staff working with farmers?
The webinar featured Dr Mark Stephenson, Ag Economist, Director of the Center for Dairy Profitability, Megan Nelson, Livestock Extension Outreach Program Manager, and John Shutske, Agricultural Safety and Health Specialist, Dept of Biological Systems Engineering.
A recording of the webinar can be found on the Conservation Professional Training Program YouTube page.